Fans of Team GB can look forward to PyeongChang 2018 and Tokyo 2020 with excitement with the announcement of a brand new partnership between the British Olympic Association and travel and ticketing experts Sports Travel and Hospitality Group (STH) called Team GB Live.
STH have unrivalled experience in the sports hospitality and travel markets and partner with Team GB at an exciting time with just a year to go until the start of the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea.
In the coming months Team GB fans will also be treated to a range of opportunities providing them with new and innovative ways to engage with and support Team GB athletes through the creation of official travel packages for those wishing to travel to PyeongChang and the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
In addition to travel packages, the partnership will see the creation of a series of fan engagement events, as well as other unique experiences including exclusive access to Olympic tickets for Team GB fans. The official launch of the new products will take place in mid-2017.
Simon Jefford, Chief Executive Officer, STH Group said: “The creation of these new experiences will provide a unique opportunity for Team GB fans to engage with the team and will be the first of its kind in this country. This new venture will put supporting Team GB athletes at the heart of our offer.
“In the coming months we will work closely with Team GB to develop a range of new and exciting ways for the fans to get closer to their heroes and build a greater connection to our national Olympic team, cheering them onto even greater success in the coming years.”
Bill Sweeney, British Olympic Association CEO said: “This is another fantastic addition to our already strong roster of partners. In creating this new partnership, we aim to offer a range of opportunities for our fans, from single tickets for sought-after events to full hospitality packages and a unique insight into the Olympic Games.
“Fans will see far more opportunities both at home and abroad and we hope this will encourage them to support the team, whether that is in PyeongChang, Tokyo or Beijing in 2022. No doubt each of these Games will provide a unique cultural and sporting experience for those attending. In addition to this we hope to provide exciting opportunities in the UK for fans to be part of Team GB and the Olympic experience.”
Ben Hawes, BOA Athlete Commission Chairman (Team GB Men’s Hockey – ’04, ’08 and ’12 Olympic Games) commented: “Athletes thrive on the support of our fans, especially when you are thousands of miles away and you see the Team GB supporters. Anyone who experienced the atmosphere in the velodrome or at the hockey stadium in Rio knows that the supporters were the ones that made it special.”
About the BOA:
The British Olympic Association (BOA) is the National Olympic Committee for Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Its mission is to develop, promote and protect the Olympic Movement in our territory in accordance with the Olympic Charter. The BOA achieves this through:
- Working in partnership with our members and key stakeholders to deliver world-leading services and support to enable British athletes to reach their full potential at the Olympic Games, Olympic Winter Games and other IOC-sanctioned events
- Working in partnership with our members and key stakeholders to provide athletes with relevant support on the journey to, during and following their Olympic careers
- Engaging people throughout the United Kingdom to pursue their very own goals and dreams through the Olympic Values and the example of Team GB Olympians
Being the independent voice of Olympic Sport and collaborating with our members and other sport stakeholders, both domestically and internationally, to support the continued growth and overall health of the Olympic Movement in the UK
Set up as a Joint Venture between Sodexo and the Mike Burton Group, STH Group is a business that delivers premium spectator experiences at the largest sporting events in the world. Notable commercial programmes operated by the venture include:
- Global rights holder for the official hospitality and travel programmes for Rugby World Cup 2007, 2011 and 2015
- Successfully developed, sold and operated the official hospitality programme for the London 2012 Olympic Games generating over £105m in hospitality sales revenue.
- Global exclusive rights holder for ticket inclusive travel and hospitality packages for Rugby World Cup 2015 in England selling 270,000 ticket inclusive packages and generating over £170m in revenue.
- Exclusive hospitality rights holder for the IAAF World Championships London 2017.
- Official ticketing and travel partner for the British Olympic Association (BOA)
- Official travel partner for the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Exclusive global rights holder for travel and hospitality packages for Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan